Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Monday! What are You Reading?


Jen Vincent and Kellee Moye cohost It's Monday! What Are You Reading weekly on their blogs.   To see what others are reading and recommending each Monday, or to participate, be sure to check out their blogs Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers


Deadly Adorable Animals by Nadia Higgins is must-have nonfiction book! It will engage readers right from the title and and photographs.  I can't wait to read this aloud to my 5th graders this year and use during our nonfiction unit.  It will also be a great companion text to use with Deadliest Animals by Melissa Stewart. Enjoy!


I love this Face to Face with...series and have been reading each one in the series recently.  So far, one of my favorites is Face to Face with Elephants by Beverly and Derek Joubert.  I think elephants are fascinating animals and I am always looking for interesting nonfiction books about them to read aloud to my students - this is the newest addition! If you have not checked this nonfiction series out yet, I highly recommend that you do soon! 






I love all of Georgia Heard's books so I was excited to hear about Falling Down the Page from one of my colleagues.  This is a great poetry book full of list poems of various topics, including many around the topic of school.  This will be a perfect mentor text when teaching students how to use the list strategy to write their own poems.  








Enjoy reading this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment