Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Classroom Book Awards 2015

A few years ago, I began the tradition of hosting Classroom Book Awards and students loved it! Click here to read my post about the process.  Click here to see the list of winners from last year.  

Even though school ended a few weeks ago, I just remembered I never posted our winners for this year! Just as in the past, my students first decided on award categories and created a list of books they nominated for each category.  
 

Once we had our list of nominations, the voting began via Google forms.  Below are the winners for our awards: 

Best Chapter Book Read Aloud: A Million Ways Home by Dianna Dorisi Winget
Best Picture Book Read Aloud: Carnivores by Aaron Reynolds and Dan Santat
Best Historial Fiction Book: Henry's Freedom Box by Ellen Levine 
Best Social Issues Book: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Best Graphic Novel: Smile by Raina Telgemeier
Most Inspirational Book: Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper 

Happy Reading! 

2 comments:

  1. What fun--I feel like A Leaf Can Be... might need a red-carpet gown:>) Knowing that kids chose this is amazing for me as a writer. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved reading A Leaf Can Be!! The students also used it as a mentor text during our poetry unit too! Looking forward to reading A Rock Can Be!

      Delete